Thursday, January 21, 2010

Commercial Graffiti - No Thanks

The snow, as it ages in an urban setting, is bound to get a bit ugly, but who could possibly think it was improved by these additions?

Red spray-painted word TAN on a snowbank

Red spray-painted word DVDs on a snowbank
At first I thought the gas company was marking its territory, but then I realized it said TAN and DVDs... and it was located in the snowbank in front of my local video store and tanning parlor.

What small business owner in her/his right mind believes that spray-painting semi-legible red words onto a snowbank is going to bring in more business? I can't wait for it to snow some more and cover it up.

Seen in the Seward neighborhood of Minneapolis.

1 comment:

Carmella said...

It would be awesome in yellow! But then, I am a dog...