Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fun with Facebook

Facebook's new Live Feed insists on reporting each time one of my friends becomes a fan of some cause. And, being the economical service that it is, if two friends join the same cause, Facebook combines their announcements together... almost like a wedding announcement.

This leads to some odd juxtapositions:
Facebook update, reading Name and Name became fans of 63 notifications later and I regret liking your status
The first one joined up my 13-year-old nephew with a (male) college friend. Both of them are grumpy about all the emails they get from Facebook.

Facebook update, reading Name and Name became fans of I will go slightly out of my way to step on a crunchy leaf
The second combined a graduate school (woman) friend with the same 13-year-old nephew. They both enjoy stomping on crunchy leaves.

Thanks, Facebook!

No comments: