Friday, December 28, 2007

I Love Andy Singer (and Michael Jantze)

Andy Singer cartoon
Bike and public transit lover, social critic, and local cartooning hero... I've been a fan since Andy Singer's cartoons ran for a while in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Not sure what happened with that arrangement, but like many cartoonists, Andy has found a home on the Interweb.

Check him out at www.andysingercom. Be sure to take a look at the bike cartoon samples.

The NormAnother favorite cartoonist who moved his act to the Interweb is Michael Jantze, creator of The Norm. I've accumulated just about a full set of The Norm comics and books, and I still miss reading it every day.

So why don't I subscribe to Michael's online version and pay for what I like directly to the cartoonist without wasting trees? I'm not sure. I am a newspaper lover, with a daily ritual based on the presence of a pile of paper on my dining room table. One part of that is the comics, and it just isn't the same to go to my browser and visit a dozen different cartoonists' sites to read my favorites.

There's a dissertation in that paragraph, I imagine. Several have probably been written already.

No comments: