Friday, January 22, 2010

Free Speech for People

Is it ridiculous to think we could pass a constitutional amendment stating that corporations are not people, under the law? (Arlen Specter doesn't seem to think so... see his tweet on the topic.)

Or was it ridiculous that corporations came to be considered people in the first place?




Blogger Mel at Henkimaa points out that if corporations were people, they'd be psychopaths. And she urges everyone to see the 2003 Canadian documentary The Corporation, which essentially made that point with many examples to back it up.

More on this:

1 comment:

Melissa S. Green said...

Thanks for linking to my blog. You also reminded me about that great "The World" segment of Colbert's last September -- so thought I'd let you know about my mention of your blog on mine just now -- Money as free speech: Colbert, Maddow & me.

Best wishes,
Melissa (Mel) Green
Henkimaa.com